Resolved
Shawna J Xef

Resolved: Unethical business

Updated by user Mar 22, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology.

Original review Mar 15, 2024
You are not told at Jellystone Burleson, Texas they are going to charge you a fee for using your visa. They also are not upfront with policies.

Once you place a reservation policies are given. If you want to cancel 28 hours after you make a reservation they keep your money. They claim they try to work with you, but I was told to dispute my transaction. This is a very money thirsty organization and I dont see very many happy customers with the way they do business.

Once they get your credit card they will not release funds.

After this transaction they lost my business. I also will tell others about the way they do business.
Loss:

User's recommendation: Be careful with this business

Guest

They also don’t tell you at Jellystone Burleson about the resort fee. They are a very misleading organization. It all comes down to money not customer satisfaction and honesty.

Erin P Esu

| map-marker Augusta, Maine

Damage to camper seasonal site by staff

My golden falcon camper on seasonal site 369 in north Monmouth maine has been damaged by I believe to be a staff member as someone clearly turned the power on to the facility in order to plug in and power up my fifth wheel. It was evident that my power cord that had previously (3 days before) been tucked away was ripped out and carelessly left on the ground leaving it subject to damage.

The slide out was pulled in without regard to the stuff on floor which is now stuck under it, the structural interior cracked on the wood part damaging the entire living room area and leaving holes for exposure and water damage! It looked like the staff or gm Chris is to blame as he was the one with access to power at campground. There are several complaints about him from several campers and this is absolutely horrific!! My camper is unsafe, we are seasonals, and it is gated so it was staff!!!

Im so upset my child will be devastated Ive called the police and am trying to stop this from happening and understand why anyone wants to hurt our family I cant believe Chris the Gm of this park is allowed to be there. Check the record. He is horrific. Contact other staff about him.

Complaint after complaint. He is responsible for the oversight of this but I know he actually was the one to damage my families literal love and heirloom. Im absolutely flabbergasted and again Im pressing charges for this. My things or family will not be hurt by your staff.

We had contacted the CEO Rob he said it was a non issue that we are campers and I just cant understand why this is being done and I will never tolerate this! I will sue if it comes down to it! And I am fully intending to contact maybe even travel to headquarters with an attorney!!!

This is our property and JellystonePark is responsible and if punitive action is not taken by you in terms of making sure the responsible party is held accountable and I am

Not contacted, I assure you I will dedicate my time to literally seeking retribution and an answer. I know Chris the Gm is responsible for this and I will never let this go until its answered.

User's recommendation: Park is good however the GM Chris absolutely is cold unwelcoming rude shuts things down at whim loses customers treats staff poorly and wrecks the campground. I cannot believe he is even working there after all the complaints Our son. Our family didn’t deserve our vacation spot destroyed. Very upset … kadon was most well liked kiddo … I don’t see how this was allowed. I wouldn’t visit until he’s gone

Mark H Ysw

| map-marker Charleston, North Carolina

Bike camping

I arrived at Jellystone Campground at 7pm on 10/21/23. My 11 year old and I had planned to camp on Skyline Drive but were running behind.

We were out on the road in the dark and hoped to pitch a tent at your Campground since that was the safest option available. I had checked the availability of primitive tent sites, while we ate dinner, and saw that there were several available. When we arrived, the person behind the counter told us that we could not get a site after 3pm since that was company policy. I later checked your website and couldn't find this information.

I checked out other lodging options online outside and found no other close by options. I came back in the office perhaps 10 minutes later. I asked if I could speak to a manager but was told that none were available. I explained that my daughter and I were cycling and that it was not safe for us to continue on and no other lodging was available.

He reiterated that it was company policy. I told him that he obviously doesn't care if we are killed riding at night. Please understand that while not directly applicable to a private Campground, Virginia state and federal campgrounds must provide camping areas to any cyclists. This is done for obvious safety reasons and to encourage people to go to the parks.

I have stayed at Jellystone Campground in Luray before on a previous bike camping trip to Skyline Drive.

I don't intend to ever stay at Jellystone Campgrounds due to how you treat cyclists. I've bike camped hundreds of times and will be sure to tell my friends of the totally unacceptable business practices of your business.

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Stay elsewhere

Guest

Sounds like a parenting fail in every way.

Guest

What was your option if they were full?

View more comments (1)
Diane F Ssb

| map-marker Lincoln, Delaware

Jellystone Delaware

Do you check on your franchise locations or read the reviews? The Delaware location is really giving the Jellystone name a horrible reputation.

We used to frequent this location in the past but since it was taken over it has gone down that we no longer care to go there. The prices have gone way up and the place is so run down. No rules are being followed, young children driving golf carts and running wild, sites are filthy and now they charge extra to secure a site that i have already booked and paid for! The pool is green and bathrooms are dirty.

People going through you site and even driving golf carts through other people's site.

Cabins are run down and dirty. Doesn't your organization have standards?

Pros:
  • Number of sites
  • Location
Cons:
  • Expensive
  • Dirty pool
  • Dirty sites

Preferred solution: Someone to hold the Delaware location to higher standards.

User's recommendation: Just stay away. So many terrible reviews. Management doesn't care nor does Jellystone themselves. Sent the company a message about their franchise in Delaware and no response whatsoever! What does that tell you?

Herbert L Qan

| map-marker Lindale, Texas

Staying at Tyler, Texas Yogi bear campground is total flop

First of all we stayed at the Tyler, Texas Yogi bear Park youre not allowed to check in before 3 oclock in the afternoon but they want you to check out by 1 oclock. The main reason we came here is for the small water park the grand children were looking forward to it, but, its closed.

It closes on the weekends only at 5:00 PM. They had it open on September 4 for Labor Day holiday but like I said you can only check in after 3:00 PM and then it closes at 5:00 PM other than that it only opens on Saturday and Sunday and still closes at 5:00 PM , there is nothing to do here for the grand children. They have a pool, but if we wanted to pool, we couldve stayed at any of the motels in probably had a nicer pool while swimming at the pool, you have a strong odor of sewage in the air Tyler, Texas Yogi bear Park is a total flop.

We do not recommend this place whatsoever. Now we have to go back to Dallas with a sad grand children.

User's recommendation: Stay away from Tyler, Texas Yogi bear park

Guest

Why not check in Friday at 3 and check out Monday at 1. That gives you two full days, Saturday and Sunday , to enjoy the water park.

I don’t know of any hotel that offers check in before 3. And a 1pm check out is actually good.

Sarah I Uks

| map-marker Lawrence, Ohio

Horrible stay - Deceitful campground

Updated by user Sep 17, 2023

Manager promised my complaint was being sent to corporate head quarters, it was never sent. I sent email to corporate and they sent to manager. Manager didn’t care

Original review Aug 18, 2023
We booked Tuesday - Today (Friday 8/18/23) at Clays Resort Campground. When we checked in I saw all the pools and everything else at the campground we came to stay at was completely shut down.

Not even a swimming lake or kayaks were available. Literally everything we came for was shut down. I questioned it at the front desk and said when I booked this trip it didn't say everything was going to be shut down. He stated it is on the website.

I looked and sure enough it was. I spent an entire 24 hours beating myself up that I booked a place that had NOTHING for my kids to do. How could I make such a mistake. We ended up talking to not only daily campers but SEASONAL campers who came year after year...

And not just one or two, probably about 10 different families who were all lied to! They said they complained to the front desk and were basically told there was nothing to be done. They all said they were lied too. One family booked over a year ago and came this week to find there was nothing for their family to do there during the week.

We booked thinking our kids go back to school late, maybe it won't be too crowded if we go during the week. Seasonal families told us that they are there year after year and they NEVER shut the activities down this early. We had to leave every day and pay even MORE money to find things to do because there was absolutely nothing to do at the park. This was not only our first time at a Jellystone park, but our first camping trip in our new RV.

We were so excited to be gravely let down and stressed out trying to find things to entertain the kids every day. I would greatly appreciate a call back regarding this situation from corporate office - not from Clays resort.

They had the opportunity to be honest and instead chose to lie and be deceitful. Not only to us, but many families as well.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Lots to do when they dont lie and they have activities open

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't even know. Even if you check the website before going, they won't refund you without 2 weeks notice. We booked with under 2 weeks notice and it said everything was open.

Brenda F Cdv

Rewards

I Have never received my rewards card. My name is Brenda Falls My phone number is 717-515-**** My email address is BFalls 464@***.com Thank you.
Pros:
  • Very family oriented

Preferred solution: My rewards card

map-marker Lindale, Texas

Nothing to do through the week only give you everything you paid for on weekends and then it’s only till 5 o’clock

Cant check into the RV site until 3 PM then everything closes at 5 PM. No water park you do have a pool but if all I wanted was a pool, I couldve went to a motel they have an air mattress you can jump on. They have putt putt golf, if you pay five dollars for your ball other than that, I dont see much entertainment at all. It was a disappointment from my family and my grandchildren we will never stay here again. The water park as close to the week and only open on Saturday and Sunday then again until 5 PM. What a disappointment.

User's recommendation: Don’t do it do not stay at Tyler Jellystone

map-marker Lehighton, Pennsylvania

Complaint

We stayed at birtchwood ny this past weekend. I no its under sun out doors.

I have a call out to them as well. The park was not kept clean. The activity room was filled with garbage. Trash all over the rds.

The workers in the picknick basket let a dog in side and no was not a service dog. We saw very little of the yogi and friends. Yogi was out for a game at the jump pad. Was only there for 15 min and did not play or interact.

My kids love going on the hay rides that happen when we got there at 4 in the afternoon and that was it. The park also let kids drive golf carts. When I saw workers they had their face in their phones.

Lifeguards included. Please call me

Catherine A Fcy

Verified Reviewer

Dangerous conditions they knew about and did NOT warn us

A large group of us (several families) have been going to JellyStone Campground in Glenn Ellis NH for years. The past couple years we have had issues but were able to resolve them. This year the hot tubs actully electrocuted/shocked our kids and when we told them they acknowledged the issue, treated like no big deal and said they would ground them NEXT YEAR! We have all complained and guven poor reviews. They never once have apologized or tried to discuss with us. CAMPER BEWARE

Preferred solution: Apology and refund for services

Zena Yzq

| map-marker Omaha, Nebraska

Not providing adequate equipment for a disabled person

Facility would not provide a golf cart (we have a disabled daughter). The management said there was nothing they could do, because "we NOW need to reserve a golf cart when we make a reservation for the campsite.

We reserved the site on good Friday the previous year. We also were told the policy was changed the week we arrived. We arrived on a Tues, so the policy changed Mon (the day before we arrived). There was no notification sent out at anytime in any way shape or form of this policy change.

We were also told they didn't need to notify us of any policy changes. We've been goin to this facility for years n never had this kind of issue.

New owners a POOR management. Very disappointed cistomer!!!

User's recommendation: If you REALLY wanna camp at jellystone warrens, make sure you have a deep pocket n you bring everything necessary. Don't expect them to provide any equipment or facilities for disabled persons

map-marker Woodville, Ontario

Canceled

My wife and kids and I booked a trip to Jellystone park Niagara falls Canada .. My wife broke her leg and we had to Cancel giving them a month Notice .. We have called and talked to the owner and he did not help at all with the Cancelation... He also took $37 dollars from are Cancelation fee .. I am not happy with Jelly stone park Niagara falls Canada and we will NOT be telling anyone about this campgrounds or will NOT be going there in the Near future.. As the owner is Rude ..
map-marker Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Poor management!

Had to reschedule my jellystone bostic nc vacation. When did they had to give me 320$ refund to use around park. But management failed to tell me everything I could use credit on would be CLOSED! (Would of never booked) . Tried to call and add days so could use amenities. Girl at front desk very nice tried everything to fix problem but when manager got on phone she Vito everything and screamed at me was very nasty. Not even sure if my reservation when thru. Tried to call back to confirm manger refuse to get on phone. Now Im out over 1000 dollars. Will never book trip at jellystone again!!!

User's recommendation: Jellystone ridiculous!

map-marker Wellsville, Pennsylvania

Unhappy with cleanliness of cabin

Good evening, Bryan from the campground did call and leave me a message and I returned his call and left a message on Friday for him. I am waiting for his call so that we can speak to each other.
Tiffany D Oto

Major complaints

Discrimination against race gender and age. Please contact me at 609-579-****. Thank you. Tiffany DeAnne
Pros:
  • Amenities
Cons:
  • Staff

Preferred solution: Price reduction

map-marker Canal Winchester, Ohio

Poor Customer Service

My friend and I booked and paid for a site and a cabin. The management couldnt get their *** together so they somehow cancelled her cabin.

When a call was made to me saying there was a mix up, they said my site was fine but hers had a balance. She called and gave the confirmation # so they had no choice but to book her a new cabin. I received another call. I called back and was told they cancelled my site because of a golf cart balance.

So they canceled my site because I owed money on the golf cart? The same golf cart that was supposed to be shared between the two sites but because they randomly canceled her site the balance went to me? Why would someone cancel a site that is paid in full for a golf cart balance? Dogwood Yogi has the worst management.

We have been camping with them for years. I will not be returning!

User's recommendation: Don’t camp here

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article